Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hurry up, June!

You know what's crazy? ....It is Sunday again, already! Oh, where do the days/weeks go anymore??? The past couple of weeks started out really well, and I am happier than ever with my decision to prance my way over to the west coast here shortly. I hear the licensure process in CA is brutal, so I have to plan early. Good for me, since I love to plan -especially when I am this excited to move! I also need to be out of my apartment by the end of May to avoid paying rent past my lease, so I have to look into moving companies and apartments to have everything moved by then. I am going to stay with my supervisor Stacie for a couple of weeks after until my assignment here is up. And, God, help me -that can't come soon enough after the crimes happening at my elementary school lately. Last Thursday, the guidance counselor's car was broken into. Somebody shot a gun through the windshield three times and threw a brick through the passenger side window, destroying the dashboard & steering wheel. And to beat it all, they did all of this for a darn diaper bag. I guess they thought it was a purse. Anyway, on Friday, someone followed one of our second grade teachers up the front stairs to the front door and held a shotgun to her head and demanded her purse. He was wearing a ski mask. Holy cow, I would have literally pissed myself had that been me. You can't survive a shotgun. Hell, I wouldn't want to survive a shotgun. Ah, so scary. Needless to say, I am terrified to walk to and from my car and into work now. Like beyond terrified. I am not programmed to handle situations like this. I work in the worst possible area of this huge city. Awesome. I got some pepper spray, but I hope I never have to use it. Hurry up, June!

Moving right along. My friends, Laura & Josh, just moved into my apartment complex which is awesome. We will get to hang out a lot more. I'm looking forward to our Superbowl Party we are planning. It should be fun. Also in the works: my sister and possibly my dad are trying to plan a trip down here for Spring Break when we will finally get our chance to go to Disney World. I've held off on going because that's something we've wanted to do together. I hope my dad gets to come too. Jenn & I have the same week off which will work out nicely. I may actually try to plan a trip out to San Diego for a few days then too. We shall see.

I can't post without talking about my dog (a.k.a. my child). Arnie has really made a breakthrough with this bell ringing thing. He doesn't use it as a toy, like I thought he would, but he nudges it with his nose, stares at me, wags his tail, and waits patiently by the door to be let out -just like I had hoped he would learn to do. AWESOME!!!! However, problem: he wants to go outside 50,000,000 times a day now. He loves it out there. I am being consistent -still showing excitement & taking him out every time he rings it (or else I would defeat the purpose of training him with a bell, ugh), but geez I just want to sit through an entire television show without having to pause it, LOL. Thank God, again, for DVR! Oh, my little boy is entirely too intelligent for his own good. I love him. I took him to a dog park yesterday with a coworker (Danyell) & her husband (Ronnie) & their chihuahua (Beemer). It was nice to let Arnie off of the leash & let him run free. He did so much better than I thought he would, seeing as he likes to approach complete strangers for attention, & he stayed alongside us (well, pretty much) the entire walk through the park. He played & bonded with Beemer which was very cute. As you can see, they became best buds! :)


I love and miss you ALL! Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment