Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Face, Same Heart

Another week come and gone. Still cannot believe how quickly these weeks pass, but that's a good thing. I had a smooth week at work, especially with Monday off. I wore hats all week to cover my very unnatural looking eyebrows, but as you can see in this new photo they are looking mighty nice I must say. All of the scabbing & ink has fallen off (along with a lot of the hairs which will grow back), so this is actually a sneak peak at what they will actually look like -but much fuller. Again, click on the photo for a larger view. I honestly could not be happier with the appearance and shape. Yay for eyebrows!!! :o)

I thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine and great weather this weekend. It has been in the high 60s and 70s the past couple of days. Yesterday, Stacie & I took Arnie to the beach and rented bikes for a few hours. I stuck the pooch in a basket and strolled along the beach, not saying a word, taking in the fresh air, and enjoyed seeing people out in the street/yards/sidewalks doing the same -only playing football, corn hole, reading, baking (obviously themselves), rollerblading, or just sitting on the porch. Yes, in WV we call it a porch. Gosh, the sun sure does make me smile. I had a couple of friends come to town this weekend, so I was able to meet up with them for a few hours yesterday evening. It was great to see familiar faces, reminisce, and talk about old times. There's nothing better than being from a small town; I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love where I'm from, and I love the fact that I love where I'm from. Logan. West Virginia. Home. I spent my entire life trying to get away. Now that I have, I love and appreciate that place more than I could express. Ok, now I'm getting cheesy on you and probably not making a bit of sense to anyone but myself. Sorry. :)

By the way, God is good. Great, actually.

Today was just as nice of a day for me. I spent time with Josh & Laura, my awesome neighbors & friends. We went to Sonic and got slushies & then went for a walk on the beach. It was 75 degrees this afternoon, but the beach was cooler because of the wind. It was, again, relaxing and refreshing. We went to Super Target & did a little shopping afterward. What is nice is having neighbors that I can share stuff with & save money. For instance, Target had a deal on 30 rolls of toilet paper for $16!!! Problem: all 30 rolls are in one package. Solution: they buy the 30 rolls, I give them $8, and we split the deal! I would never buy $16 worth of TP, but $8 for 15 rolls is a hell of a deal, HAH! Anyway, they are great people who make me laugh constantly. Good friends = happy me.

Ok, this is a shorter post, but I plan to write again this week. There's a lot on my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED our ichat the other day....it made my week coming up more bearable! We need to do it more often. And your eyebrows look awesome, btw. And I'm not just saying that. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete