Saturday, February 13, 2010

Recovery Day #2

This is a much quicker update than usual considering it typically takes me at least a week in between blogging, but I'm spending a lot more time in my apartment this weekend. It's nice to take it easy and relax. The pain is decreasing, but the swelling is increasing. My eyelids and brows are pretty bruised and swollen, as you can see in these pictures I took today. However, it doesn't really hurt.

I took some close-ups of the eyebrows so you can actually see the implanted hairs before they fall out & start to grow back. You can also see the tiny holes where they were planted. Click on the photos to see a larger view. Sorry if it grosses you out, but I think it's pretty dang cool! haha







Random thoughts I ponder while I sit in my cozy apartment:

1. Why does the refrigerator have a light and the freezer does not?

2. If ham and eggs can be considered appropriate for breakfast, can french toast and mashed potatoes with gravy make for a good dinner? I think so...

3. Why is it so difficult to admit when you are wrong and so easy to judge others?
We are wrong at least 50% of the time, and while we are judging others they are doing the same thing to us at the same exact time....one way or another. Think about that.

4. Do we sometimes set goals, subconsciously, with no intention at all to accomplish them? I'm thinking yes.

5. How come there are days of the week dedicated to the label of a "weekend" but not days dedicated to a "weekstart"? I know there's usually nothing exciting about starting a new week, but shouldn't we be more positive? HAH!

Okay, I'll stop rambling. Just food for thought....

The recovery continues. I will keep you updated! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing...and you sound so upbeat and that makes me so incredibly happy! I think my favorite part is the pic of you spreading your mom's ashes and you can see your (real) eyebrows sticking out above your sunglasses! Love it! Continue to take it easy and thanks so much for sharing exactly how things went. Mike and I were fascinated! Keep posting! I'm thinkin' of ya. And I think this is cause for an Ichat date so I can see those beautiful brows in person!!!

    ReplyDelete