Life Lessons:
1. There comes a time when you have to stand alone.
2. Dreams are only goals lacking confidence. (I've said this one before, but I believe it to be even more so.)
3. If you truly want to achieve your goals, you must be flexible & willing to rearrange your priorities.
4. To get what you want in life, you have to be willing to make sacrifices. (advice: weigh the pros & cons)
5. You should "settle" for absolutely NOTHING. If there is something you truly want in life, you have to have confidence enough to at least try. Quitters never win, & winners never quit.
6. Everyone has insecurities. Don't let yours get in the way of who you are.
7. Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way.
8. If you have trouble getting out of bed in the mornings, fill your coffee cup with encouragement and self-motivation.
9. Life doesn't have a "rewind" or "fast-forward" button for a reason: live for the present moments without stressing over the past or future.
10. The most powerful communication is prayer.
11. "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans."
12. Stand still, and let God move.
The one last thought I will leave you with is that sometimes things happen unexpectedly. You all know me as a compulsive planner. If anybody is guilty of #9, it is ME! However, you can't always plan everything in life & hope that it turns out exactly as you had mapped it. If you read back through my blog, you will see that where I am living & working right now is not where I had initially planned..... Nor did I expect to trade my car, drive across the country instead of fly.... Nor did I expect to meet such an amazing guy & fall in love in such a short amount of time. <3 "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." For me, life has turned out way better than I could have ever planned. I must keep reminding myself of #12.
I am completely HAPPY.
I predict there will be quite a few more life lessons learned in the next 10 months. I will keep you posted. :)
Life is good. Love is good. God is good.

yay love!!!! i love, love!
ReplyDeleteGood post! i hope Cali is treating you well!
Agreed - love the post, and love you...my dear!
ReplyDelete