Hello, March! Hello, Sunshine! Hello, Spring!
Winter is making its exit back to the North Pole where it belongs. It's supposed to be in the high 70s by the end of this week, which I'm really looking forward to. I laugh at the people wearing scarves and gloves to work in the mornings in this 40-50 degree weather because, to me, it is not that cold. It is, however, not Florida weather -so I guess I get it. Sorta. Floridians do love the sunshine & expect it all of the time. But, I mean, who wouldn't?!?!

Melissa came down from Cincinnati to visit last weekend -YAY! I didn't cry a single time on Friday (my mom's birthday) for the first year since 2005. That is a milestone. I'm starting to see the light of "it'll get easier with time" which I've doubted could happen. I am a firm believer now -it does get easier. Humans grieve, grow, and go on living! The latter is the choice that some people don't make. Those are the people who don't let life get easier. I'm not one of them. These past couple of weeks have been pretty normal yet still exciting. Melissa got to meet a couple of my friends here, and we all had a great time catching up on life. It was so nice of her to come & visit me. Fun, shopping, dinner, drinks, & the beach were only a few of the highlights of our time.

The work week flew by, and this weekend was equally as enjoyable. I got to go the San Sabastian Winery in St. Augustine yesterday with Amber & Erin. The drive along the coast was worth the evening in itself. I bought a couple bottles of wine (don't worry... I'll drink it in moderation, lol) after the free tasting. We sat on the roof of the winery for a couple of hours while chatting & laughing & drinking HOT wine. It sounds gross but was oddly delicious. It was chilly out, so the hot wine was soothing & had a cinnamon stick to add to the taste -yum!

Anyway, I always appreciate some quality "girl" time. We stopped and ate at a restaurant on the St. John's River called Cap's. I was craving some seafood, so it definitely hit the spot. We couldn't have beaten the view. That place would make for a perfect romantic date for any cute couple -or any cute threesome of good friends, haha! I love friends! :)

Today was a lazy day. Laura & I went to Target & sat down for a chat & a cup of tea at Starbucks. Yeah, that's right -we have a Starbucks inside of Super Target. Seriously, can it get any better than that?!? I'm not sure that it can! I bought some cheese to go with the new wine. Laura, Josh, & I watched a movie & had cheese & wine for lunch. It was scrumptious!
The only other news I have is that I booked a flight to San Diego for April 6-11th. I'll be at Disney World with Dad & Jenn the 1st through the morning of the 6th and will fly out west the same day they leave to go back to WV. It'll surely be a busy week, but I can't wait! I will have time there to get some business done as well as some play time. Woo-hoo!!! Until then, I shall work & play here in sunny FL. Cheers!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment