Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keep Smiling :)

I'm super sleepy, and it is late. However, I don't think I will get a chance to post again for a couple of weeks, so I am writing a quick review/preview of events to fill you all in. I can't give much detail about the job situation considering my blog is public and viewable to anyone. I changed the settings so that it wouldn't show up on search engines, yet I'm still seeing it pop up when I search my name, lol. If you wanna know those details -well, you're just gonna have to ask. I will say that there are different possibilities for what may happen, and I am still working out the details. California is the only detail set in stone, carved, and glossed over. :)

Weeks are stressful right now because of the above, but weekends have been nice. This past weekend was eventful and much-needed. I went shopping in St. Augustine all day Saturday with Stacie and then went to a benefit concert at the Landing for Somer Thompson later that night. Her story: This girl lived near Orange Park (the area where my middle school is located) and was abducted, molested, and murdered while walking home from school one day this past October. They found her body in a land fill nearby and have been investigating ever since. They had a suspect in mind who was found guilty in the state of Mississippi for 50+ counts of child pornography & molestation, so they had him expedited back to FL as a person of interest in this little girl's case because he lived a few doors down from where she was taken. The good news is that the police arrested and charged this guy for her murder last Thursday. The benefit concert was already scheduled before this happened, so this news was a big deal to the city. Several bands played on Saturday, but I only knew two of them -Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Molly Hatchet. The latter band wrote and sang a song for Somer, and her sister got on stage and sang "You Are My Sunshine" with the band playing. It was an amazing moment to hear her family stand up there and express the feeling of finding justice in their loss. I'm glad I went.

I also got to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D with Josh & Laura which was amazing. I was already excited for Disney World but now even more so. I leave the day after tomorrow -woo! I will be more happy to see and hug my family than anything. Bring on the fun! Oh, and 5 days in San Diego will be nice next week too! I have a jam-packed Spring Break and couldn't ask for more. Oh, and I found a Jimmy John's here in Jax. Freakin' awesome!!!! :P

Until next time.... keep smiling. :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY Jimmy John's!!!! I hope you enjoyed Disney! Although, I'm sure you did. It is quite hard not to! I'll be calling you soon about your job possibilities.. I'm feeling nosy! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete