April has been an awesome month thus far. Nobody got me on any April Fools jokes this year, so that's a great start! But, that doesn't mean they didn't try, lol.
I finally got to see my dad & sister for the first time in 4 months which was beyond eventful. We had the best time at Disney World and enjoyed being kids again. My sis got on a plane and flew for the first time (of many to come) and loved it. We got lost trying to find our hotel, so we did quite a bit of driving after picking them up from the airport.
My Redeemer lives, so I should too.
It was difficult to say goodbye to my family, but the good news is that I will be seeing them sooner than I thought! I will get more into that shortly.....
My Spring Break continued with a trip to San Diego. After I dropped Dad & Jenn off at the airport in Orlando, I drove straight to Jacksonville (about 2 and a half hours) and met up with my friend Erin. She dropped me off at the airport and kept Arnie for me for 5 nights -I definitely owe her for that one. I got there with half an hour to spare & made my way out west. Loring picked me up at the airport in SD at 3:30 just in time for a day of sunshine! Ahhhhhh....... so nice. I got the business part of my trip finished fairly early (fingerprinting, apartment hunting, met with a potential employer, licensure packet mailed out) so that I could relax and enjoy the trip. We spent time at Ocean Beach which is less than a mile from where he lives. We also went to the Naval Base in Point Loma which was breathtaking.
That's right -I will be going home for the summer! The job situation isn't looking good for June, so I will be waiting until August to start another job. I will not be working for my company anymore, so we will see what happens. I am actually looking into going to Santa Barbara, CA where I have a job prospect for August! This will change all of the plans I have already made, but hey things change sometimes, right? :) I am actually very excited about this possibility. We will see what happens. Once again, it's called having an open mind. It works for me. I do look forward to spending two months at home with friends and family, getting spoiled by my aunt with our talks and the best food in the world, and my sister with foot rubs and cuddles, and by my dad with all the love a girl could feel in the world. That man loves me unconditionally, and I thank God every day for that feeling. That is the one security I have in this world: the love and support of my father (and, of course, the rest of my friends and family).
While we're on the topic of upcoming events (and friends), let's talk about some things that are coming up a little sooner:
This weekend, my dear friends/family Jane & Dave Lovejoy are coming to visit me. They are going to Daytona for vacation and will be driving up to Jacksonville to get me & take me to Savannah. One, I've never been to Savannah and will be able to cross that off of my bucket list! Two, these people are the most special and loving couple that I will forever consider my family and dear friends. They couldn't have shown me more love if I were born into their family as they have shown me over the past several years. I like to say that I'm their adopted daughter. Their name is entirely suiting! Boy, I cannot wait to see them!
My birthday is coming up the following weekend, and guess what I am getting!?!? That's right, I get round-trip ticket to Colorado to visit my precious friends, Lynsey & Mike!!!! Ahhh, I couldn't be more thrilled. I have wanted to see that state and more so this couple of amazing people since they moved. I am spending the weekend of May 7th there which are fun times to be had. I just want a hug. I'd travel 1,800 miles to hug the Currys! PS: This picture was taken on her birthday on January 23, 2008 during our first year of graduate school! :)Looks like it's going to be quite an adventurous month ahead of me to say the least!!!! Once again, I love my life!

bahahhaa! Love the pic. BOW SON! haha! I can't wait until you get here!
ReplyDelete