Monday, October 11, 2010

It Only Gets Better....

Need an update on my wonderful and exciting life in California?!?! Of course you do! Here we go:

I'm enjoying my job and the kids I work with more and more each day. I'm challenged. I'm learning. I'm making a difference. I'm smiling. I'm remembering why it is that I do what I do and why I love doing it. The kids remind me why it's important not to take the little things in life for granted. I thank God every day for leading me down this path to the career I chose. Yes, even though 7 years of college was pretty much Hell at times! :) All worth it.

I've stopped being a hermit crab & been out enjoying my weekends. Layla and I have made a CA Bucket List which we are currently beginning to explore. This should be a fun and exciting year to say the least! It's a rather large list (DUH), so we gotta pretty much make plans every single weekend from this point on if we want to even come close to giving it a high five in June, lol. I am taking advantage of every opportunity possible.

A few of our upcoming plans: This Thursday, Layla and I are going to see Jack Johnson in concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl. This Sunday, we are going to Avila Beach to see Damian Marley and Nas in concert. We're also going to go back to the apple orchard to pick apples and make caramel apples. We're also going to pick pumpkins from the patch & carve them -something I have not done since I was a kid (discounting the fact that I am still a big kid). We're both going on The Price is Right next week. Hopefully, one of us will win something! Woooo, fun times! Oh, and speaking of concerts.... we are going to see The Dave Matthews Band & Tim Reynolds in Las Vegas on December 10th and 11th!!!! My world doesn't get any better than that! :)

Or does it???

Prince Jason and I are doing fabulous. HAHA! This long-distance thing isn't as bad as I anticipated. Number one: Time is flying by. Number two: Skype is awesome. Number three: He is awesome. Number four: I get to see him in less than a month and a half! I can't wait for Thanksgiving break, seriously. I have planned a date night for the two of us (Dad and Jenn will spend the evening together doing something fun too -I'll make sure of it). I've got extra special plans for the two of us, and I know we're gonna love it. <3 His birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna love his gifts too. At least I hope so. We're happy. I'm happy. It only gets better from here. :)

MY LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment